Master of Education (M.Ed.) Technology and Education*
Program director: Dr. Rivka Wadmany
Prof. Paul Resta, University of Texas, USA
Prof. Hanan Yaniv
Prof. Yehoshofat Givon
Dr. Avi Shochat
Dr. Ronen Hammer
Dr. Miri Schoenfeld
The School for Graduate Students of Kibbutzim College takes pleasure in the opening of this unique scholastic program, which answers the urgent need for teachers with the necessary skills in technology in education.
The program is intended to broaden the student’s knowledge horizon in technological literacy and encourage deeper understanding of the uses of technology in education as they impact the newest educational methods of the 21st century.
The program trains its students to be creative teachers in a science and information rich environment and offers students the tools and knowledge to be forerunners in the process of applying technology to education at all levels of the educational system and advisors and consultants to advance the teaching process in these environments.
Potential Candidates / Admission Requirements
- Members of the educational community, both formal and informal, who have completed a bachelor’s degree with a final grade of 80 or higher, possess a teaching certificate and have at least 3 years experience in an educational framework.
- Graduates of the honors programs of the colleges of education will be accepted directly after completing their first degree studies.
- Graduates with B.Ed. degrees who have at least 5 years experience as guides or trainers in large organizations.
The program includes 44 semester credits and extends over two years (4 semesters).
Studies take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 14:00 until 19:15.
The Program Structure
The program includes foundation courses, required courses and electives.
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Curriculum planning and development
- Psychology of learning and teaching in technology rich environments
- Principles of teaching design in technology rich environments
- Distance learning and teaching environments
- Applying technology and change processes in the educational system
- Values and culture in a digital society
- A design workshop in teaching and training
- Processing information in a digital environment
- Evaluating educational activities in technological environments
- The impact of social networks on education
- Technology at the service of populations with special needs
- Mobile technologies and their application in education
- Psychological issues for internet users
- Information systems for managing educational institutions
- Knowledge management in organizations
- Simulation games
Seminars and final projects with workshops
The final project is of a practical nature and focuses on two main points:
1. Designing teaching and learning systems
2. Introducing and applying changes in technology rich environments
Students have access to the latest technological infrastructures, workshops and suitable learning environments, a library and the latest study resources.
Graduates will be able to:
1. Take their place as technological leaders in the educational system responsible for the rational use of technological information, their use in the planning and application to teaching and learning.
2. Act as advisors to the educational system at all levels and to the development of training and planning programs in academic environments rich in information and technology
3. Act as pedagogic content advisors at technology organizations, teaching and developing learning environments.
4. Continue to teach the disciplines they have been trained for, with enhanced skills in designing teaching and learning environments and integrating their newly acquired pedagogic-didactic knowledge. Thus they will be able to apply the technologies they have learned in this masters program to empower themselves and their work places, as technology rich environments become more prevalent.
* Awarding the degree is conditional on final approval of the Council for Higher Education (CHE)
Scholarships available for qualified candidates