Masks and Identity: from ritual to contemporary theater
These are the main topics:
- Characteristics of the masques
- Relations between the masque and the notion of identity
- The concept of the masques in ritual and theater
- Influences of the masque on the actor and the viewer
- Criteria for aesthetic evaluation which characterize digital environments
- Aesthetic theories of digital environments
- Digital art of the 20th and 21st centuries
- Possible uses of this art especially in the educational system.
Visual literacy and popular culture
We will examine several visual representations and domains, such as cinema, advertising, television programs, photojournalism, artifacts, spaces, ceremonies, exhibitions and artistic events. We will also discuss theories related to cultural studies, such as everyday culture, post-colonialism, gender, and theories on contemporary New Spirituality. On the basis of the visual domains/representations and the theories related to cultural studies.
we will discuss the following issues:
- how visual meanings are created and constructed
- how different ideologies are visually represented
- how models of interpretation expose and critically analyze ideologies